Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Data Analysis 

Competing lifters are competing throughout the day and their are personnel collecting the data from each of these lifts in order to create a PowerLifters score

For example:

During competition I will be completing a full power Lifting circuit:
 I will have 3 opportunities for each type of lift in order to complete the lift and make it my best possible lift. The first lift I will lift a weight that I can complete without to much struggle (If I don't complete a lift then none of my lifts count for the entire competition, which is called "bombing"). My second lift will be more challenging (a lift that I have completed, but towards my max). If I complete my second lift I will increase the weight on my third lift in hopes of creating a new personal record. 

Here is an outline for my lifts on my next competition:

Squat:
First Lift: 245 lb
Second Lift: 265 lb
Third Lift: 275 lb

Bench:
First Lift: 125 lb
Second Lift: 135 lb
Third Lift: 140 lb

DeadLift:
First Lift: 245 lb
Second Lift: 265 lb
Third Lift: 285 lb

The Personnel collecting my scores will then highlight my best score out of each lift. If I complete all of my lifts successfully then those top scores would be:

Squat: 275 lb
Bench: 140 lb
DeadLift: 285 lb

With my best lift scores the personnel will then add up the lifts in order to creating my total powerlifting score, which in this case would be:

275 + 140 + 285 = 700 lb PowerLifting Score 

They will follow then use this data analysis process for all lifters and the lifters with the best score for their age and weight class will win the Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment