Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Algebra

In my training I typically use categorize weights in terms of pounds, which is a part of the US Standard System of Measurement. PowerLifting is a sport that exists around the world, which is why in competition weight is measured using the metic system, in kilograms.

Before I reach competition I need to convert all the weights I plan on using to kilograms.

This can be computed through this equation:


____ lb * 1 kg        = ?kg
            2.2046 lb

eg.  265 lb *  1kg       = 120.2032 kg
                 2.2046 lb

This is a conversion formula that multiplies the weight in pounds by the ratio between pounds and kilograms in order to cancel out the pounds and be left with kilograms.

This a conversion sheet that one would see at competition. Since there isn't a kilo that is exactly 120.2032 on this sheet I will find the closest one which is 120kg which = 264.5 lb this is close to my desired weight so I would alter it, but depending on the weight I may alter my lifter higher or lower with the switch to kilograms.

No comments:

Post a Comment